Day 1 Johannesburg – Windhoek – Sossusvlei
Arrive at OR Tambo International Airport and board on a morning flight to Windhoek, the capital of Namibia. On arrival at Hosea Kutako Windhoek International Airport in Windhoek, you will be welcomed by our representative and transferred to Eros Domestic Airport to connect with your light aircraft to AndBeyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge. On arrival at the airstrip, you will be met by the lodge’s team and driven to the lodge.
Overlooking the pristine natural terrain, &Beyond Sossusvlei Private Desert Reserve, nestled deep in the heart of Namibia’s ancient Namib Desert is a world of vast spaces, endless horizons and extraordinary clarity of light that makes this area one of Africa’s most compelling landscapes
A spectacular masterpiece of glass, rock and steel pavilions with a bold geometric structure at its centre, the lodge extends over vast dunes and gravel planes, and blends perfectly with its surroundings.
Arrival is around lunch time. Enjoy lunch and later embark on your first 4 x 4 game drive in the
Sossusvlei Private Desert Reserve. Return back to the lodge for a delicious dinner served under the African stars or in the dining room with silver and crystal.
Day 2 – 3 Sossusvlei
- Set off on a guided walk through the desert, stopping to admire the tiny miracles of nature that make up the unique plants and wildlife of this arid yet beautiful region
- Set out on a quad bike adventure trail through the Namib dunes, gliding across the smooth, silk-like texture of the tawny desert sand, in sharp contrast to the bright, cerulean sky above, and the russet, rugged mountain ranges of the Namib escarpment in the distance.
- An incredible half-day adventure will take guests across the awe-inspiring sand dunes of Sossusvlei, largely known as one of the Namib Desert’s most scenic and spine-tingling attractions. A breathless climb to the top of the massive ‘Big Daddy,’ the tallest dune in the Sossusvlei area, at 325 metres, rewards adventurers with a spectacular view over the peaks and troughs of the sand sea, down to Deadvlei. End the spectacular day off with a daring run down the vertical slopes and steep sand dunes, with the wind enlivening your hair and caressing your glee filled face.
- Enjoy the peaceful tranquillity of the world’s oldest desert
- Exceptional stargazing, with a highly sophisticated telescope and professional astronomer
- Specially adapted desert wildlife – oryx, springbok, Burchell’s zebra and the endemic Hartmann’s mountain zebra, bat-eared foxes, as well as a variety of insects and lizards
Day 4: Departure
Enjoy a last morning nature experience followed by breakfast before being transferred to the airstrip for your scheduled light aircraft flight to at Hosea Kutako Windhoek International Airport for onward
flight to Johannesburg.
Rates Per Person
- Feature 1
- Balloon me over Sossusvlei Signature offer cannot be combined with any other offers
- Ballooning is not available 15 Jan to 15 Feb due to annual closure
- Rates are quoted on a per person sharing basis
- 2020 Single Supplement:
- 11 Jan – 30 Apr and 1 Nov – 20 Dec: A single supplement of 50% is only charged from the third single room per booking o 1 May – 31 Oct and 21 Dec – 10 Jan ’21: A single supplement of 50% applies to all single rooms
- Single traveller supplement and child rates will be quoted on request
- The scheduled flights to/from Windhoek are based on Fairy Circle Taxi and Tiras Taxi which has the following conditions:
- Fairy circle Taxi – Daily flight from Eros Airport in summer estimated departure is at 14h30
- Check-in at 14h00
- Departure and Arrival times from Eros Airport are fixed, but Scenic Air may change the sequence of lodges around as per passenger bookings
- Tira Taxi – Daily flight from Sossusvlei Area in summer estimated departure is at 12h00
- Quad bike excursions are regrettably not available for children under the age of sixteen